On the way to work last Thursday, my brother and I were waiting at one of the many traffic lights as usual, when he spotted his ex-housemate’s car…His ex-hsemate used to be an assistant branch manager at one of the many KFC outlets in Kch here. Now he works as salesman at Toyota. He used to ride a motorbike. Now he has a VIOS.
And in just 3 years…
Wonder where I’ll be in 3 years…Hmmm…
So naturally, when we sms-ed that night, I mentioned it to Arch and that perhaps I should have stayed in the auto industry (I was with FORD a year ago for industrial training). Whether he knew it that day or not, really struck a nail with me when he replied:
“Auto, not now. If you’re in s’wak, my advise is go into plantation or forestry. Why? These are blooming activities. Auto..world sales are falling down…hit hard on Euro and US company. But the recent slump also affects Asian auto makers. Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda all go down except for Korean auto. Why? Cos they produce compact cars…It’s expected la. I mean eco slumps happen once in a decade. Now is the time. Unemployment rate this year also will go up. 1997 was last slump, now 2007. Before that 1986 and 1977, if not mistaken. That’s the pattern lor..those with jobs better hang on to it. Or you will face the wrath of the merciless great slump…”
Wah! Well…I’m hanging on alright…LOL…
And then yesterday, I suddenly was in a dilemma when I was asked if I was interested to apply for an accounts job at one of the (big? can say laa…got many branches) supermarkets in Kuching and it is also a company listed on the 2nd Board (KLSE)…I was in a dilemma cos I wasn’t sure of whether to remain in audit or move into accounts…I AM STILL in a dilemma…The accounts job might give me better pay than my current job…but I’ve only worked for like 2 mths…increments are semi-annually…maybe I’d earn more if I stayed? I dunno…It’s not just financial here…I’m thinking experience worth too…which is more worthwhile? What do you guys think? Better in audit or accounts? (Zewt, a professional opinion called for here. LOL.)
Speaking of jobs and all…one job which I feel is pretty neat is to be a DJ, a VJ or a host like in Quickie…all you need to do is talk maa…I THINK I could be that…provided I had a crazy co-host to “repel” my nervoustomakeafoolofmyselfinpublic-ness. LOL…I know lah, sure DJs and VJs and hosts will tell us, “Hey! My job not as easy as you think okay?!”…but just let me imagine that it is…Hehe…
=D My fave radio station is Hitz.fm and my fave show is The Breakfast Show…so you should already know that my fave DJs are JJ and Rudy, The Morning Crew…and of course, my fave slot: Gotcha! Makes the drive to work everyday not so gloomy…hehe…
Another equally neat job would be to be a columnist…have your own column…get paid to write…that’ll be cool…but then, if columnists, sure got “censorship” issues…this cannot write, that sensitive, etc, etc, etc…not to mention got “pressure” to come up with something to write…hehe…but having a blog makes me feel like “columnist” sometimes…minus the censorship and lil bit less pressure lah (yeah…still got pressure also. LOL.)
And of course, everyone’s got to have wanted to be this when asked “What do you wanna be when you grow up?”
I wanted to be…
An artiste (singer, performer, actor)…I did…actually, part of me still does but…show biz is very unstable…you are either WAY UP THERE or way down here…
The only time I’ve ever sang in public was on my bro’s wedding dinner…that also after most of the guests have already left…lol…I THINK I can sing…but you’ll only ever be sure after Simon Cowell or Paul Moss give you a thumbs up or call you a “disaster”…Hehe…tough one show biz…which is why I’m just blogging about it and not actually in it. Lol.
Hmm…this post seems to have rollercoastered from Economics to Career to Showbusiness…I’d better stop now.
Leaving you with this *umm* interesting piece of info from my Friendster bulletin.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids)
(1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming. – Alan, age 10 (Opposites attract leh?)
(2) No person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you’re stuck with. – Kristen, age 10 (True. So True.)
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
(1) Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then. – Camille, age 10 (I’m 24. Oops!)
(2) No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married.
– Freddie, age 6 (very wise for his age)
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
(1) You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids. – Derrick, age 8 (hahaha…hilarious!)
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE
(1) Both don’t want any more kids. – Lori, age 8 (*speechless*)
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
(1) Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
– Lynnette, age 8 (Sweet…)
(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
– Martin, age 10 (He said boys do not have brains)
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
(1) I’d run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.
-Craig, age 9 (And he’s only NINE…)
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
(1) When they’re rich. – Pam, age 7 (Haha…)
(2) The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn’t want to mess with that.
– Curt, age 7 (Smart.)
(3 ) The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It’s the right thing to do.
– Howard, age 8 (Responsible fella ain’t he?)
IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
(1 ) I don’t know which is better, but I’ll tell you one thing. I’m never going to have sex with my wife. I don’t want to be all grossed out.
– Theodore, age 8 (I think he’d changed his mind when he was older.)
(2 ) It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
– Anita, age 9 (DAMN RIGHT.Haha..)
HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
(1 ) There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn’t there?
– Kelvin, age 8 (hahahahahaha….that would be messy wouldn’t it?)
And the #1 Favourite is……..
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
(1 ) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.
– Ricky, age 10 (FUH! Boys will be boys.)