I truly sympathise with those who DID NOT get to experience this during their childhood:
Ah…I miss those cartoon watching days of long ago…*sobs*
Thankfully, for old-time’s sake, many of them have been made into movies: X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Ironman, Fantastic Four, Transformers…
But for me, the best of them all is the X-Men Trilogy, 3 films in the space of 6 years (2000-2006)…which ended with the death of Professor X. So sad! 😦
…but now they are doing the Star Wars thingy and going back in time to show us how it all began…SUPER!!! 😀
The first spin-off or prequel (and according to wiki, its not the last! 😉 ) X-Men Origins starts off with Wolverine…
Last week, me and 5 others watched “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” at Seri Q-Lap Cinema. The tickets were a lot cheaper compared to The Mall and we had the best seats in the house (smack in the center of the big screen!) – awesome! 😀
I’m not gonna reveal the plot of the movie, you can click here for that, but I simply LOVED it!!! However, if you have not watched the movie, I doubt you will understand what I am talking about after this… 😉
Thanks to wiki, I now know (what I didn’t realise when watching the movie) some very interesting and important facts that practically made me slap my forehead and say “OH!” in enlightenement! 😉
Talk about sibling rivalry!
1) Logan/Wolverine’s brother Victor Creed is the future X-Men villain Sabretooth!!! – who is, by the way, in “X-Men”, the 1st of the Trilogy! The role was played by two different actors though.
2) Wolverine’s girlfriend’s sister name is Emma Frost, future X-Men known as White Queen – an X-Men I have no recollection of. How odd…
3) The villain here, Colonel William Stryker is also the villain in “X2”, the 2nd of the X-Men Trilogy (although 2 different actors played the role). I really need to rewatch the Trilogy!
(L-R): Wade/Deadpool, Remy LeBeau/Gambit, Logan/Wolverine, Victor Creed/Sabretooth, Kayla/Silverfox
4) One of two possible endings appear following the credits of “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”. The first depicts Deadpool/Weapon XI’s hand reaching out from the rubble of the nuclear complex to touch his severed head. The second alternate scene shows Wolverine drinking at a bar in Japan. The female bartender asks if he is drinking to forget; Wolverine replies that he’s drinking to remember.
Ours was the second…thus I did not realise the importance of Deadpool. Apparently, he is important enough to have a spin-off as well, and this has been confirmed following the success of “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”! 🙂 According to wiki, in the prequel, it is understood that Deadpool, a surgically altered Wade Wilson with the ‘pooled’ abilities of other mutants, would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character, known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. Does that mean he can “talk others to death”? Haha!
5) Upcoming spin-offs or prequels will be “X-Men Origins: Magneto” (the title is self-explanatory), “X-Men: First Class” (intended to be about the young Cyclops, Jean, Beast and others who attended Xavier’s school with them) and “Deadpool” (mentioned above) and the inclusion of Gambit also leads to the possibilities of his own spin-off. Nice! 🙂
In summary, I LOVE X-MEN and I can’t wait for whatever prequel/sequel – there is a sequel planned for Wolverine, set in Japan (note the second ending scene which we saw!) and possiblity of a sequel after Prof. X died in “X-Men: The Last Stand”, the 3rd of the Trilogy – they can come up with!
Yes, I am X-cited alright! 😀
P.S. In “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”, there were a quite a number of good-looking guys. Agent Zero was cute, Remy LeBeau aka Gambit was hot (reminded me of Capt. Jack Sparrow of “Pirates of the Caribbean” – another set of films I love watching!) and also featured will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas for his first major film debut!
P.P.S. My fave scene was…ALL of the fighting scenes!!! 😀 Super effects and stunt-work(?)
P.P.P.S. Above all, my fave X-Men since the very beginning is Rogue, Gambit’s love interest. I guess I can relate more to her character…Hehe. Anyways, this character hasn’t yet been portrayed much in any of the movies…one day hopefully. 🙂