November last year, I don’t quite remember how (most likely from following AirAsia on Twitter), I stumbled upon this Asian travel social networking site called Koolred…
Well, Koolred is affliated with AirAsia so once in a while, they have contests where you stand the chance to win free holidays and such. At that time, they JUST opened up a contest called the “WOW Amazing Asia Photo Contest”.
The Contest ran from 10:00 (GMT+8) 2 November 2010 and ended 23:59 (GMT+8) on 30 November 2010 and results were announced on 14 December 2010. To qualify for the Contest, Participants had to do the following:
- Be a registered member of Koolred (http://www.koolred.com).
- Upload a photo of themselves or a loved one of any Asian destination. The photo must be of a location taken in any Asian country which among others includes Malaysia, Singapore, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Brunei Darussalam and Vietnam.
- The caption must be in English and include the name of exact location the photo was taken in (location and country).
And the prizes were:
- TWO (2) return AirAsia flight tickets from Kuala Lumpur-LCC Terminal to Bali AND
- ONE (1) 2-Nights Stay for 2 persons at Ramayana Resort & Spa, Bali Indonesia
- TWO (2) return AirAsia flight tickets from Kuala Lumpur-LCC Terminal to Bangkok AND
- ONE (1) 2-Nights stay for 2 persons at Bangkok Palace Hotel, Thailand.
- ONE (1) 2-Night stay for 2 persons at Tune Hotels, 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Considering how much I loved travelling, I decided to try out my luck so I submitted mine 3 days after the Contest began:
Captioned: SAVE THE KIDS! : Save them from jumping into the Singapore River! (I tried.) Location: Singapore River, Singapore (Submitted on 05 Nov 10 22:51 pm)
Winning photos were selected based on criteria below:
- Online votes submitted before or on closing date and time at 23:59 (GMT+8) on 30 November 2010 (the “Contest Deadline”)
- Feedback by a panel of judges appointed by the Organizer
There were 1593 qualified entries as at the “Contest Deadline” so I didn’t even dream of winning anything…but you know what?
I got mail!…(well, email at first, the package came a few days later…)
AND I WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Congratulatory letter & AirAsia Flight Voucher
The Ramayana Resort & Spa Voucher
SEE!!!! Didn’t I tell you it’s KOOL to be RED?! 😀 😀 😀 😀